Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 17 - 12/25/09 - and Week 18 - 1/1/10


I have been a bad blogger! The holidays are always busy for us, and this year was no exception! I had to work Christmas Eve and Day, but we were able to spend a few wonderful days in Beverly with all of my family. We celebrated New Year's Eve here at our house with some great friends, and now we find ourselves in the new year! I think this may very well be one of the most memorable years of our lives.

Things continue to go well! Judging from my growth, I am assuming the babies are growing quite nicely. I have gained about 25 pounds so far, and my OB/GYN would like me to gain at least 60(!). The book that I mentioned in an earlier post reports that women expecting triplets who gain 36 pounds by week 24 average about a half pound heavier babies, so this is what I am aiming for! Possibly the most exciting development is that I am now able to feel the babies move! I love it! I think I have been feeling them move since about week 16, but it was so inconsistent that I wasn't sure. I especially notice baby B and C when I lay on their respective sides. I do not feel A move much yet because he is front and center and a little lower. During week 18, the babies are about the length of bell peppers from crown to rump.

Kellan finished up work last week and has begun to tackle jobs around the house. He is also busy studying for his (final!) Level 3 PGA exam, for which he goes to Florida in February to conquer. I am still working two 12-hour and one 8-hour shifts per week. The PICU has been so incredibly busy these last several months, so a nice and easy day at work is very rare. Everyone at work has been wonderful and very supportive, but these 12-hour shifts are really starting to wear me down. I try to sit down whenever I get the chance, but some shifts just do not allow for much of that. I am guessing that my doctor will be putting some restrictions on work soon, so I am hanging in there! I am just happy that I am still able to work.

Just when I think I haven't grown much, we take a picture...

Week 17 - Merry Christmas!


Week 18 - Right after OSU won the Rose Bowl! Go Bucks! And Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Danielle! it was so good to see you over break! you are looking great, and the baby belly is adorable!! love the pictures! hopefully i will see or talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete