Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Big Gender Reveal!

Monday, the 21st, was the day we had been impatiently waiting for! Luckily, the babies cooperated very nicely! So, without further ado, we introduce: Baby A...A Boy, Baby B...A Girl, and Baby C...A Boy!!! Two boys and one girl!! Of course, we would have been happy with any combination, but we are especially thrilled with this one. Two boys and a girl were what we were hoping for all along, as were many others, too! Everything looked great, and I have over a pound of babies inside of me! The boys weighed in at a hefty 6 ounces and our daughter weighs approximately 5 ounces. Everyone is measuring in either right on schedule or a few days ahead. My cervix is also a nice long 4.2 cm (anything over 3 is acceptable), so I am not on any restrictions!

We had a different US tech this week (unfortunately) and didn't get many good pictures this time. The next appointment is January 11th, which will be our longest one yet. Each baby will have a Level 2 US, which includes a detailed exam of all the organs of the babies. (For all my nurse friends: The tech already showed me that each baby has 4 beautiful heart chambers...woo hoo!)They even told me to bring a snack, as each baby can take about 45 minutes! I can't wait...I could sit there and watch the babies move around for hours.

We hope everyone has a very merry Christmas! It is so much fun to think how different our lives will be one year from now. Right now, as I look at our fireplace mantle with two stockings hanging from it, I can just imagine FIVE matching ones next year! Oh, how our lives are about to change...:) :) :)

5 comments:

  1. You made my day, Danielle!!! Congratulations!!-oh, and my computer is getting repaired so the shower pictures are still delayed--sorry!! Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting! Very happy holidays to you, dad, and the 3 babies. You make handsome couple and will no doubt have 3 beautiful blonde baies in the spring. Take good care of yourself! MMG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Danielle. Found your blog through Kristin Pottmeyer's. How exciting! I'll be praying all three babies do well. You will love motherhood, and I can tell already that you'll be a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i knew baby B looked like a girl - elbows up to fight those boys :) congratulations! - melissa malin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss you two so much! This blog is so perfect to read every day...I never tire of it! I am so proud of you both and it is going to be exciting!
    I love you dearly!
    Mom and George

    ReplyDelete