Saturday, December 19, 2009

Week 16 - 12/18/09

I've got three avocados in my belly this week! The babies are about 4.5 inches long (head to rump) and 3.5 ounces. I'm reading a really great book called "When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads: Proven Guidelines for a Healthy Multiple Pregnancy" by Dr. Barbara Luke and Tamara Eberlein. It really stresses the importance of early weight gain (especially in the first 24 weeks) in multiple pregnancy. I have gained about 16 pounds so far and am trying very hard to increase my weight gain. The goal is 50-60 pounds...eek! I thought trying to gain weight would be more fun, but I get full faster and many things just don't sound that appetizing! I do have an appointment with a nutritionist in January, but I will be 20 weeks by then. The book did say that at 24 weeks, I will look like a women that is 36 weeks pregnant with one baby!!! I can't imagine the growth I am going to have over these next several weeks. I am definitely starting to feel ligament stretching in my abdomen, especially when I am walking and standing a lot at work.

Kellan and I have been counting down the days until Monday, when we find out the sexes of the babies! We cannot wait! Hope they are not shy!

Week 16 Belly Pic

No comments:

Post a Comment